Wadswick Green - Almond Close and Ash Lane
Sit back and enjoy life knowing the day-to-day and long-term management, staffing and maintenance of your village is all taken care of on behalf of the residents, ensuring the village looks as smart in the future as it does today. Fees and charges for safeguarding the services and facilities at our villages are completely transparent, so there won’t be any unforeseen surprises.
The Community Fee is payable for the services provided including maintaining the quality of the village facilities. Helping you to enjoy life to the full, we’ve split the payments between regular Monthly Community Fee and Deferred Community Fee payable when your home is sold (also known as an event fee), letting you have more money in your pocket to spend on you and your loved ones, here and now. We hold an annual meeting with residents and welcome feedback on the services we provide. Our sales advisors are on hand to explain the charges and fees structure for the apartment of your choice.
Monthly Community Fee
To provide peace of mind, the monthly community fee, payable in advance, will be set at the time of purchasing your apartment, with an annual increase based on the All Items Retail Price Index (RPI), enabling you to budget accordingly.
The monthly community fee below is fixed until June 2021 when it will be reviewed in accordance with the percentage change in RPI over the 12 month period to April 2021 and annually thereafter; any increase will take effect from 1st July in that year. The lease provides for the monthly community fee to be reviewed, and potentially rebased, every 15 years from the start of the 125 year lease.
One bedroom apartments:
Single occupancy £505.48
Double occupancy £631.32
Two bedroom apartments:
Single occupancy £582.62
Double occupancy £708.46
Three bedroom apartments:
Single occupancy £654.68
Double occupancy £781.56
Deferred Community Fee (Event Fee)
Each apartment further contributes to the community fee through a deferred community fee also known as an event fee.
The Deferred Community Fee is payable on resale or change of tenancy. The amount due is calculated by taking the original purchase price, inflating this by the Retail Price Index (RPI) compounded each year, and multiplying this figure by 2% for each year of ownership, with a cap at 15%. The 2% rate is reduced pro rata for part-years.
Alternatively, you may pay the deferred community fee upfront when you legally complete on the purchase of your apartment, with a one-off payment of 12% of the price you paid for your apartment.
The deferred community fee arrangement means the monthly community fee is lower than it would be if all costs had to be recovered monthly instead.
A deferred community fee disclosure example is available here showing what the fee might be on resale of an Almond Close or Ash Lane apartment, based on the number of years of ownership and various assumptions about future annual RPI inflation rates.
The Community Fee includes:
- 24-hour emergency support response and emergency services co-ordination
- Village General Manager and supporting teams
- Concierge and Chauffeur driven services
- Residents’ drive entrance vehicle recognition
- Co-ordination of resident group activities including exercise classes in the gym
- Serviced guest suite to rent for family and friends
- 15% food and beverage discount and courtesy newspapers at The Greenhouse Restaurant
- Wadswick Green Spa facilities for residents, friends and family
- Non-routine items of expenditure for the apartment buildings and communal facilities
- Serviced lifts to all apartments
- Window cleaning of apartments and communal areas
- Buildings insurance for apartments and communal areas
- Ground Rent
- Corporate management services and support (eg: finance, legal, HR, health and safety)
- Upkeep and maintenance of communal areas including: pool, gym, estate roads and landscaped grounds
- Safety and Security: emergency call system, door entry to the apartments, communal fire alarms and smoke detectors
- Resale marketing service
Optional Additional Services - Rangeford Care, Housekeeping and Concierge can provide a bespoke range of services depending on your needs and wishes at an additional charge:
- Personal care and medication management
- Pursuing interests, hobby and leisure activities
- Companionship visits and therapeutic activities
- Preparation of meals and drinks
- Making and changing beds
- Shopping, paying bills and household management
- Escorting to social events and appointments
- Cleaning, vacuuming, laundry and ironing
There is no separate Contingency Fund for Almond Close and Ash Lane. Rangeford RAP will fund any major works needed from the receipts of the Monthly and Deferred Community Fees and will bear any additional costs if these funds are insufficient at any particular time.
We conduct regular building surveys to assess and plan for future capital spending requirements.
The NHBC warranty provides 10 years structural cover for individual apartments.