Wadswick Green - Birch Close, Rowan Lane and The Pavilion
Sit back and enjoy life knowing the day-to-day and long-term management, staffing and maintenance of your village is all taken care of on behalf of the residents, ensuring the village looks as smart in the future as it does today. Fees and charges for safeguarding the services and facilities at our villages are completely transparent, so there won’t be any unforeseen surprises.
The service charge is a variable charge based on the actual costs of providing the services including maintaining the quality of the village facilities. It changes annually on 1 July. We give one month’s notice of any change in the charge. We hold an annual meeting with residents on the budget and welcome feedback on the services we provide.
If costs rise or fall, or if we are unable to provide a particular service and cannot make alternative arrangements, the service charge will be altered accordingly. We cannot give guarantees about the level of service charge in future years as it is mainly influenced by the cost of goods and services on the open market.
The service charge is held on trust for residents as required under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1987. Service charges remain payable until a property is resold.
2022/2023 - per month:
The Pavilion service charge includes utilities charges for water, electricity & heating
One bedroom apartments:
Single occupancy £624.17
Double occupancy £767.78
Two bedroom apartments:
Single occupancy £727.57
Double occupancy £870.09
Rowan Lane & Birch Close
One bedroom apartments:
Single occupancy £570.18
Double occupancy £712.79
Two bedroom apartments:
Single occupancy £656.76
Double occupancy £799.33
Three bedroom apartments:
Single occupancy £738.27
Double occupancy £880.79
The Service Charge includes:
- 24-hour emergency support response & emergency services co-ordination
- Village General Manager and supporting teams
- Concierge & Chauffeur driven services
- Residents’ drive entrance vehicle recognition
- Co-ordination of resident group activities, including exercise classes in the gym
- Serviced guest suite to rent for family & friends
- 15% food and beverage discount & courtesy newspapers at The Greenhouse Restaurant
- Wadswick Green Spa facilities for residents, friends & family
- Serviced lifts to all apartments
- External window cleaning of apartments & communal areas
- Buildings insurance for apartments & communal areas
- Corporate management services & support (finance, legal, HR, etc)
- Upkeep & maintenance of communal area including: pool, gym, estate roads & landscaped grounds
- Safety and Security: emergency call system, door entry to the apartments, communal fire alarms & smoke detectors
Optional Additional Services - Rangeford Care, Housekeeping and Concierge can provide a bespoke range of services depending on your needs and wishes at an additional charge:
- Personal care and medication management
- Pursuing interests, hobby and leisure activities
- Companionship visits and therapeutic activities
- Preparation of meals and drinks
- Making and changing beds
- Shopping, paying bills and household management
- Escorting to social events and appointments
- Cleaning, vacuuming, laundry and ironing
- Local trades people contacts for odd jobs
Event Fee - Contingency Fund Contribution
On resale, The Pavilion, Birch Close or Rowan Lane apartments contribute through an Event Fee to a Contingency Fund to cover major works such as relining the pool or replacing the roofs. The Event Fee is calculated as 0.5% of the resale price achieved multiplied by the number of years or part-years of ownership, with a cap at 10%. It is payable from the proceeds of the resale on completion. The full amount of each Fee goes into the Fund.
A buy to let owner will be required to pay the Event Fee every 20 years in the instance the property is owned for more than 20 years.
This arrangement means that the annual service charges are much lower than they would be if the costs of major works had to be recovered instead from the service charge.
An Event Fee disclosure example is available to download below showing what the fee might be on resale of a The Pavilion, Birch Close or Rowan Lane apartment, based on the number of years of ownership and various assumptions about future property prices. The Fee is payable to Rangeford RAP Ltd.
All payments made by residents into the Contingency Fund under the terms of their lease are held in trust in a separate bank account. These funds will be used to fund items of expenditure for the apartment buildings and communal facilities as per the lease that are non-routine in nature and are typically incurred less than annually. Rangeford conducts regular building surveys to assess and plan for future capital spending requirements. The NHBC warranty provides 10 years structural cover for individual apartments.
The Contingency Fund will grow as properties are resold. The current balance is stated in the Key Facts document. If the Fund could not cover the full cost of capital works Rangeford would fund the deficit so that the works could proceed.
The annual ground rent depends on the number of bedrooms: one bedroom apartments £200, two bedroom apartments £300, and three bedroom apartments £400. The ground rent will increase in line with the Retail Price Index every 10 years.
Resale Administration Fee
Calculated at 3% plus VAT of the resale price achieved., the Resale Administration Fee covers the landlord’s costs associated with the transfer and the provision of estate agency services. The charge remains payable if the vendor commissions another estate agent to sell the property.