Fees & Charges - Mickle Hill
Sit back and enjoy life at Mickle Hill knowing the day-to-day and long-term management, staffing and maintenance of the village is all taken care of on behalf of the residents, ensuring the village looks as smart in the future as it does today. Charges and fees for safeguarding the services and facilities at Mickle Hill are completely transparent, so there won’t be any unforeseen surprises.
Monthly Service Charge
The service charge is a variable charge based on the actual costs of providing the services and is subject to change annually on 1st July. We give one month’s notice of any change in the charge. We hold an annual meeting with residents on the proposed budget and welcome feedback on the services we provide.
If costs rise or fall, or if we are unable to provide a particular service and cannot make alternative arrangements, the service charge will be altered accordingly. We cannot give guarantees about the level of service charge in future years as it is mainly influenced by the cost of goods and services on the open market. Service charges remain payable until a property is resold.
One bedroom apartments
£328.86 per month (per apartment)
Two bedroom apartments
£344.48 per month (per apartment)
Two bedroom bungalow
£282.79 per month (per bungalow)
The apartments' service charge includes the cost of personal gas and water usage.
Service charge includes
- Village Manager and supporting teams
- Safety and Security: emergency call system, door entry to the apartments, communal fire alarms and smoke detectors
- Café Bistro infrastructure and staffing costs
- Serviced guest suite to rent for family and friends
- Upkeep and maintenance of communal areas including: Jaccuzzi, gym, estate roads and parking and landscaped grounds
- Non-routine items of expenditure for the apartment buildings and communal facilities
- Serviced lift to all Pavilion floors
- Window cleaning of communal areas and external windows of homes
- Buildings insurance
- Utility costs for communal areas
- Corporate management services and support (finance, legal, HR, health and safety etc)
Monthly Wellbeing Charge
Fixed until 31st March 2023 and reviewed annually.
£235.65 per property
Wellbeing Charge includes
- 24-hour emergency support response and emergency services co-ordination
- Help in an emergency
- Co-ordination of an activities and events programme
Optional Additional Services
Rangeford Care, Housekeeping and Maintenance can provide a bespoke range of services depending on your needs and wishes at an additional charge:
- Personal care and medication management
- Pursuing interests, hobby and leisure activities
- Companionship visits and therapeutic activities
- Preparation of meals and drinks
- Making and changing beds
- Shopping, paying bills and household management
- Escorting to social events and appointments
- Cleaning, vacuuming, laundry and ironing
- Additional bespoke wellbeing services
Where the orignal purchase is after 1st April 2023, the Ground Rent means a peppercorn (if demanded). Where the original purchase is prior to 1st April 2023, the Ground Rent payable (see Key Facts) will increase
in line with the Retail Price Index every 5 years from 1st October 2015.
Fixed until 2026 and reviewed every five years.
1 bedroom homes - £340.10
2 bedroom homes - £453.48
Contingency Fund Contribution (Event Fund)
On resale or transfer of ownership, a contribution is payable to the Contingency Fund to cover major works such as renewal of communal areas, roofs and lifts. Rangeford conducts regular building surveys to assess and plan for future capital spending requirements. The fee is calculated as 1% per year or part year of ownership. This is payable from the proceeds of the resale on completion or of the open market value at point of transfer. This arrangement means that the monthly service charges are much lower than they would be if the costs of major works had to be recovered instead from the service charge.
The attached Contingency Fund Contribution Disclosure document provides examples of what the fee might be on resale of the property based on the number of years of ownership and various assumptions about future property prices. The fee is payable to Rangeford Pickering Ltd.
Rangeford Pickering Limited will fund the capital expenditure in repairing and renewing the Estate, the Building and the Common Parts from the receipts of the Contingency Fund Contributions paid by Leaseholders.
Resale Administration Fee
A fee of £500 including VAT is payable for handling resale enquiries and documentation.
Resale Agency Estate Service
There is an option to use Rangeford to market the property when wishing to sell. This service is available for 2% plus VAT of the resale price achieved, payable on completion of the sale.