Curating your ideal retirement involves careful planning and consideration of activities and amenities that will contribute to a fulfilling and enjoyable lifestyle. You want to make sure you have thought about everything in the lead up to your big milestone. So, with that, here are some tips to help you explore and create your perfect retirement village experience:
- Define Your Priorities: Start by identifying what's most important to you in retirement. Do you value social interaction, outdoor activities, cultural events, being close to family, or tranquillity? List your priorities to guide your search for the ideal retirement village.
- Location: Consider where you'd like to live. Do you prefer a coastal village, or a suburban setting? Think about proximity to family, healthcare, and other amenities like shopping and dining. Consider transportation options both within and outside the village. Access to public transportation, shuttle services, or nearby airports can be important for travel and daily convenience.
- Research Retirement Villages: Research retirement villages in your desired location. Look for options that align with your priorities, interests and needs. Explore the amenities offered by different retirement villages. Common ones include fitness centres, swimming pools, close proximity to golf courses, libraries, walking trails, and communal gardens. Find out what activities they offer on site and choose a village that offers activities that you're passionate about!
- Healthcare Services: Assess the healthcare services available within or near the retirement village. Access to medical care and facilities is essential for a worry-free retirement. Think about how your needs might change in the future. Some retirement villages like ourselves offer various levels of care, from independent living to assisted living or skilled nursing care, allowing you to age in place. Our flexible Care and Assisted Living plans are carefully tailored to meet the specific needs of each client.
- Cost: Review the cost structure of each retirement village, including upfront fees, monthly expenses, and any additional charges for amenities and services. Make sure it fits within your budget.
- Social Community: A strong sense of community can greatly enhance your retirement experience. Visit the village and meet with current residents to get a sense of the social dynamics and whether you'd feel comfortable there. At a Rangeford retirement village you can enjoy life. The village's action-packed event programme has something for everyone. You can be as relaxed or as active as you please, and with a wide choice of social activities you’re sure to find lots of like-minded people to share experiences with.
- Home Features: Pay attention to the type of retirement homes available and ensure the layout and features of the homes align with your preferences and any potential future mobility needs.
- Legal and Financial Advice: Before making a decision, consult with legal and financial advisors to ensure you understand the legal aspects of moving into a retirement village and how it may impact your finances and estate planning.
- Make an Informed Decision: Based on your research, experiences, and priorities, make an informed decision about the retirement village that aligns best with your ideal retirement lifestyle.
Curating your ideal retirement in a village home is a significant life decision. Take your time to explore and consider your options thoroughly and ensure the chosen village will provide the amenities and activities that make your retirement years truly enjoyable and fulfilling.
We know that considering a move to a retirement village is a very personal one and a choice that has to feel right for you. Our village sales advisors are always available at the end of the phone to discuss and talk through any questions you may have.