You may be getting close to retirement age and wondering where would be the best place to settle down for this stage of your life. You might have been living abroad, travelling a lot with work or your family may have moved to another part of the country away from your roots. This may leave you wondering where to call ‘home’? Retiring close to family can offer several benefits, both emotional and practical.
Here we talk you through some of the key advantages of being close to family members when you retire in one of our retirement villages.
- Emotional Support: Having family nearby can provide emotional support and familiar companionship during your retirement years. Being able to spend time with loved ones, share experiences, and create lasting memories can contribute to a happier and more fulfilling retirement.
- Social Interaction: Retirement can sometimes lead to social isolation. Here at Rangeford Villages we have an amazing community where you can get involved with other residents as much or as little as you like. But living near family members means that you can also participate in your own family gatherings, celebrations, and activities, which can provide a sense of belonging and social interaction.
- Caregiving and Assistance: Although here at Rangeford Retirement Villages, we offer full domiciliary care services, it is still nice to get some support from family members. As you age, you may require assistance with daily tasks or healthcare, without needing professional assistance. Being close to family can make it easier for them to provide care or assistance when needed and this can always then be passed onto our care support when your needs become greater.
- Grandparenting: If you have grandchildren, retiring near your family can allow you to play a more active role in their lives. You can watch them grow, bond with them, and offer support to your adult children when they need it. More on this here!
- Safety and Security: No matter how safe and secure your home and village is, having family nearby can provide a sense of safety and security. Retirement Villages are very safe and we always have someone on hand to deal with emergencies, but family can also be contacted urgently and be on site to offer you comfort if needed.
- Reduced Travel: Living near family can reduce the need for long-distance travel to visit loved ones, which can be physically and financially taxing, especially as you age. All of our Retirement Villages are in inviting locations and you will never tire of enjoying the local sights and attractions.
- Familiarity and Comfort: Retiring close to family means you are surrounded by people you know and trust. This familiarity can provide a sense of comfort and ease during your retirement years and allow you to enjoy yourself even more. Work may have kept you away from your family in the past, and moving closer to them could offer a new chapter, making lots of memories.
- Shared Activities and Hobbies: Being near family members can open up opportunities for shared activities and hobbies, providing you with a more active and enjoyable retirement. Being active and eating well is proven to help look after your wellbeing in later life and there is no excuse when moving to a retirement village! Your family can get involved in you keeping fit.
Our villages might be closer to your family thank you think! We create beautiful, aspirational places for residents to enjoy later life, in safe, secure and homely surroundings.
We welcome our communities of people who want to enjoy life to the full - your friends and family will love to visit and spend time with you here. Why not have a look at our villages here?